Bangladesh Marine Academy included the workshop facility from the very beginning. The hands on experiences in two workshops enable cadets to work safely in engine room and with other machinery on board sea going vessels.
Our workshops include the following engineering practice areas:
- Extensive facilities for bench/hand fitting and the use of machine tools, turning, drilling, milling etc.
- A welding shop where gas, electric arc, MIG and TIG welding procedures are taught.
- A variety of diesel engines, pumps, boiler and other ancillary equipment utilized to provide hands on experience in the maintenance and operation of marine power plant.
- Electrical workshop facilities where electrical maintenance and operational and fault finding procedures on such items as switchboards, motors and circuits are demonstrated and practiced.
- Workshops for the conduct of thermodynamics, mechanics and control engineering experiments and development of associated practical expertise.